1. I'm reading this book right now. It was due at the library today and I'm still not done. I read until my eyes were closing last night. It is very good, but I was so very tired. Guess, I'll be paying a library fine.
2. Why hasn't a company sent me an iPad or Kindle yet, so I don't have to deal with overdue library books?
3. The husband is gone for the next two weeks for work. Thankfully he is back for a few days this weekend. I'm sure my neighbors have heard me screaming a few times. Sorry. When the little guy took a blue crayon and colored our kitchen table I screamed. Then when a rabbit ran out from under our deck, almost directly over my feet, I screamed. And last night when one of the dogs, started barking out of nowhere in the dark backyard, I screamed. Again, I'm sorry neighbors.
4. When I was supposed to be finishing my library book last night, I was also making this granola. My inner tree-huggin' goodness came out. I couldn't help it.
5. I'll soon be hosting a giveaway for all moms, grandmas and girlfriends out there. Hint - think What to Expect When You Are Expecting. The baby book of all time.
6. Tonight I'm making a bacon, cheesey, buffalo-style mac and cheese. Then I'm entering it on Mr. Food's food blogger contest. I'd really, really, really like a trip to Florida. I need a vacation.
7. Two nights ago, I dreamt I owned a bakery. I was up to my elbows in apple pie, even though I've never baked an apple pie in my life. But I have made these apple bars a zillion times and I think they are better than pie.
8. I wish I could harvest, can and produce enough food to fill our deep freeze for the winters. Like the days of Laura Ingalls, in The Long Winter. Only they had to eat pancakes every meal for days on end because they were stuck in a cabin with only flour. When reading that when I was 10 - I thought it was awesome. Pancakes every meal!
9. Last Friday after I worked a golf tournament all day in the heat - I almost literally collapsed when I got home. Heat exhaustion? I'm not sure, but I barely managed a shower and a glass of water before I fell into bed. I need to get out in the heat more.
10. I'm finished.