I'm kidless this weekend! Well, I still have the little babe with me, but she is so easy it's like not having a child here at all. After the week I've had, it is a welcome relief. There. I said it. I'm not afraid to say it....I'm happy to have a bit of a break.
Having a husband who works crazy hours and then was out of town for 3 days, put us a bit over the edge. Let's just say our middle child has been testing my buttons. I know I'm not the only mom out there with this problem!
My kids love muffins, so in an attempt to distract the naughtiness from our house I made yet another batch of these blender muffins. Anything to keep them from bickering for a moment to scarf one of these down is welcome relief.
I also guest posted this recipe on this blog earlier this week.
What can I say, people are requesting them!
The muffins are also gluten free. Regardless if you can/can't have gluten, you can feel a bit better eating these as they do not contain any flour, and minus the peanut butter hardly any fat.
Regardless of all of that - they still are tasty! So tasty in fact, that you may need to ration yourself. Back this spring when I was still working I would bring a couple of them with me to work for a mid-morning or late afternoon snack. They also freeze well, so don't be afraid to throw a batch in a freezer storage bag for later eats.
And on a totally random thought...
College football starts today! Go Hawkeyes! And Panthers!
Sadly they are playing each other. Hmmpf.
Flourless Peanut Butter and Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 very ripe banana
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 T. vanilla
1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Line with liners if desired.
3. Combine all ingredients minus the chocolate chips in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Fill muffins tins halfway up with batter.
6. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until springy to the touch.
7. Will stay fresh for 3-4 days in an airtight container or in the freezer for 3 months.