This bread was not supposed to contain pumpkin, but after a grocery haul this weekend and canned pumpkin was in my cupboard, I could not resist.
It was a good decision.
My first pumpkin dessert of the season. No doubt, it will not be the last.
Quick breads are the easiest desserts around. No yeast required. Mix together wet ingredients, add in dry, pour batter into a pan and bake. Simple. Easy. Pretty much food proof.
The only problem? In our house it is easy to see one loaf be gone in under 24 hours. A little slice here, another one there, share some with the kids.....GONE.
I guess it could be worse.
Baked Pumpkin Apple Bread
1/2 c. oil
1 egg white
1 c. sugar
3/4 can pumpkin
1 t. vanilla
1 apple, finely diced
1 1/2 c. flour
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
2. Grease two loaf pans.
3. In a mixer combine the first six ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl combine the flour, spices and baking soda.
5. Pour dry ingredients into wet and combine.
6. Fold in the diced apples.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
Doesn't it look gorgeous?
Sorry about the Christmas plate.
What is your favorite pumpkin dish?