Sorry, I've been a bit off my game lately. My usual every-other-day posts have become about every 3 days. I've been a bit under the weather....and when you're under the weather your mind usually isn't on food. So bare with me!
I did manage to make these super simple fajitas a few nights ago and frankly I'm trying to figure out why I never made fajitas like this before. Throw it all in a baking dish, let it cook and assemble. Same great taste, but without hovering over a hot skillet or wok.
I used what we had on hand for these - which was about four zillion red peppers from the garden. You can also throw in onion, other colored peppers, mushrooms, etc. Make it how you like!
Even our kids loved them. They each ate two. And I learned the Little Miss likes red peppers. Not sure how I went 2.5 years without knowing this, but I'm happy to report we now have a red pepper eater. The Little Guy? He wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole.
Oven Baked Fajitas3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
3 red peppers, sliced
1/2 c. melted coconut oil
toppings of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Coat 9x13 baking dish with melted coconut oil.
3. Place in chicken, peppers and generous amounts of each seasoning.
4. Toss to coat.
5. Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, stirring halfway through.
6. Serve warm on flour tortillas with toppings of choice.
Put these in your dinner rotation!