If you are short on time, funds or even patience this holiday season - this is the holiday appetizer for you. At just four ingredients it comes together quickly and can even be made the day ahead and then sliced right before being served.
I took these pinwheels to a work event a couple of weeks back and they were quickly gobbled up. And its a meatless entree to boot....everyone SHOULD like them!
Hey - if you have leftover basil pesto from your garden this past summer that you froze, what a great little dish to put it in. You know I'm a fan of using up whatever you have stashed away in that deep freeze.
Creamy Basil Pesto Pinwheels
Print this Recipe!
1 pkg. flour tortillas
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 c. basil pesto
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a bowl combine cream cheese, pesto and Parmesan cheese. Stir until fully incorporated.
2. Take out a tortilla and spread a generous amount all over the tortilla. Roll up tightly.
3. Take a piece of plastic wrap and wrap around the rolled up tortilla.
4. Once you have finished with all the tortillas place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
5. Sliced with a serrated knife right before serving/plating.
Do you have a lot of holiday parties you attend?
Are you asked to bring a dish?
Tell me some of your favorite standbys!