Our four year old has a few food favorites: pizza, spaghetti, any fruit, hamburgers, cheese of any kind....but meatballs, they are probably his all-time favorite food. So when I announced yesterday that I was making meatballs for dinner, his eyes lit up! As the day went on he probably asked 5 times when those meatballs would be ready.
Love that kid.
Now, don't think of meatballs just as an appetizer. We like to serve them as a meal. Last night I made homemade mashed potatoes and pulled some of our fresh Iowa sweet corn out of the freezer to round out the meal.
Both kids had two helpings of everything and the husband? Well, he had many, many helpings. He likes to eat on his days off!
Oven Baked Barbecue Meatballs
Print this Recipe!
1 lb. ground turkey or beef
1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1/8 c. jarred pesto
barbecue sauce or my homemade 3 Minute version
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl combine all ingredients except for the barbecue sauce.
3. Pour enough barbecue sauce into a 9x13 baking dish to coat the bottom of the dish.
4. With your clean hands, form meat mixture into bite to mid-size balls and lay on top of the sauce in the dish.
5. This mixture will make 24 meatballs.
6. Brush more barbecue sauce over the meatballs.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
8. Serve hot.
Have you entered my latest giveaway from Eggland's Best Eggs? You still have a couple of days to enter.
And did you see my Facebook post where I'm sharing some of holiday gift ideas? Many of which are on my list to purchase. Pretty cheap too!
Check them out via these links below.
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle Book