We eat a lot of sweet potatoes at our house. Actually the husband eats a lot of sweet potatoes at our house. He'll eat them anyway I cook them. The kids and I have joined in on the bandwagon and hands down our favorite way to eat them is by roasting them in the oven, until they get super crispy.
With a side of homemade ranch dressing of course.
When the kids were little, I swear I was cooking up a sweet potato every other day, sprinkling it with cinnamon and their chubby little fingers were gobbling them down.
I'm imagining I'll be doing that again about a year from now.
I used to just cut these babies up, toss them with some olive oil and let them roast. But then I read some recipes where they also lightly dusted them with cornstarch to create a super crispy fry.
I had to try it.
It works people!
You don't need a lot just enough to toss and dust all the fries. Then of course a super hot oven and the patience to wait for them to bake.
Oven Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
Print this Recipe!
2 large sweet potatoes, washed and cut into thin strips
2 T. cornstarch
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large bowl toss the sweet potatoes with the cornstarch, salt, pepper and garlic powder, about a teaspoon of each of the spices, depending on your tastes.
3. Drizzle generously with olive oil and toss to coat.
4. Place on a baking sheet, spreading the fries out so they are not touching.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn over.
6. Bake for another 20-25 minutes until crispy and golden.
7. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Is everyone having a good weekend?
I feel like I can FINALLY say our cruel winter spell here in the Midwest might have broken. The snow is melting and today I actually sat on our deck while the kids napped and soaked up the 50 degree sunshine while reading a book. I haven't done that since maybe last October?
Sunshine really does make the day better you know?
Enjoy your weekend and I'll be back at the beginning of the week with more goodies! A new granola recipe, a new pizza recipe and some other fun stuff. Stay tuned.