Want to see the recipes that people LOVED this year?
I just wrapped up my 7th year of food blogging. It's a bit mind-boggling. I started when I was 28 and had a 3 month old baby boy at home. Now I'm 35, with three babies at home. A lot has happened in those seven years and I'm guessing a lot more will happen in the next seven years.
Will I still be food blogging?
I'm not sure, but I hope so.
Each year I take a look back at which recipes did well, which ones flopped and which ones circulated the web with me watching along the sidelines. It always surprises me when I take a look at the stats. Recipes that I feel will take off don't and others that I throw together in a pinch without much thought take off. You just never know!
Here are my Top 10, with a handful of honorable mentions. Thank you so, so, so much for reading and sharing my work with others. Cheers to another year!
1. 3-Step Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes - these simple, easy crock pot mashed potatoes took off like wildfire right before the Thanksgiving holiday. Because, everyone needs tasty mashed potatoes for the big meal!
2. The Best Garlic Alfredo Sauce - making your own homemade alfredo sauce is not difficult and this garlicky version comes together in 30 minutes!
3. Junk in the Trunk Banana Bread - the recipe that all my friends ask for, this is the ONLY banana bread I make. Adding in nuts, chocolate chips and caramel bits certainly help too.
4. Garlic Knot Pizza Casserole - this is my go-to casserole for new mamas, it's like pizza on steroids.
5. Iowa Ham Balls - this Midwest classic is super popular to feed a crowd. If you've never heard of them or made them, here is your chance!
6. Cheesy Fried Chicken with Spicy Honey Butter - one day last year I coated chicken in crushed up Goldfish crackers then coated them in a spicy honey butter that I wanted to drink straight up. Best sandwich ever.
7. Healthy Hidden Veggie Meatloaf - this hearty dish sneaks in a variety of veggies that your kids won't even notice are there!
8. 10 Healthy Dinners - All Items Purchased at ALDI - meal plans go over like gangbusters on my blog and this one was no different. Ten healthy dinners, budget friendly!
9. 22 Christmas Cookies - holiday baking with my thang and this round-up gives you the best of the best in holiday cookies.
10. Baked Cheesy Chipotle Dip with Jumbo Shrimp Dippers - this is a great New Year's Eve appetizer! The creamy dip is perfect with the crunchy jumbo shrimp.