I'm so happy you have found my sweet corner of the internet. Let's have some fun! As a busy Mom of 3, I'm here to help you find the simplicity in cooking. I've already developed easy dinners, side dishes, breakfasts and desserts for you so there is no need to reinvent the wheel. Use my recipes to feed your family!

latest recipes from the blog

Powered by Blogger.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Day in the Life

No recipe today folks!  I often get asked how I juggle three little kids and still have time to develop recipes, photograph them and eventually churn out a blog post for the world to see.  So I thought...what the heck?  I'll just give them a 'day in the life' post and you, my dear readers, can really see what I do each day.

Each day is different in our house, as I'm sure yours is too.  Some days both kids are at school in the morning, sometimes just our oldest.  Some days the husband is working, some days he is home with us.  Some days I am focused strictly on parenting and keeping all my children alive and some days I'm a bit tuned out working on this blog and the husband jumps in and takes over.

But generally the week looks like this.

Very un-typical of the average family, as the husband doesn't have a normal 9-5, Monday-Friday job, so don't think I always have his help!  Although it is pretty nice when I do.

I decided to pick a typical Wednesday for us last week.  I'm just going to dive right in, here we go!

5:45 a.m.
Baby wakes up.  I rush in and try and stick a pacifier in her mouth, in the hopes she'd give me another hour of sleep, but to no avail.  I get her up, change her and quietly creep my way out to the kitchen in the dark to make her a bottle.  We get settled in the recliner.  She eats.  I watch the morning news.

6:30 a.m.
Baby is happy and full.  Our middle child, who has yet to learn how to sleep in, comes staggering out to start her day.  I turn on cartoons for her and make my way to the kitchen for some hot tea.

6:45 a.m.
I hop in the shower {baby is in her bouncy seat} as I have a MOPS meeting today.  Which means I need to look presentable.  I get ready while the husband and oldest are still sleeping.

7:15 a.m.
I wake up the oldest and try and get him moving.  Start breakfast for the two oldest.  Sit baby in her high chair and she munches on Cheerios.

8:00 a.m.
Dad is waking up {he tries to catch up on sleep on his days off}.  He gets ready to head to the gym to workout.  I finish getting kids ready for school {Wednesday's are a late start}.

8:45 a.m.
Dad loads up the older two and takes them to school.  I get myself and baby ready to head to MOPS.  Halfway there I realized I forgot a bottle.  Turn around.  Drop off baby in the nursery and head into my sanity meeting for the week.

9:00 a.m.
Load up on yummy breakfast treats {seriously, they have the BEST breakfasts} and settle in at my table.  I take a few minutes before the meeting starts to post a recipe on my social media sites from my phone on the blog.

9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
These two glorious hours are spent with other moms in a friendly chat and no one is pulling on my pant leg asking for something.  I enjoy great food, hot chocolate and fellowship.  Honestly, the best decision I made this year was joining this group.

11:30 a.m.
Arrive back home.  Dad has picked up the kids from school. I get lunches started {quesadillas, fresh fruit and chips}.  Everyone is at the table yelling, fighting and eating.

11:45 a.m.
I set out butter and bananas to make banana bread for later.  The oldest has the school snack bucket for the next day.

12:30 p.m.
Older two are put down for naps.  It's rare our oldest naps, but he has to have quiet time.  It's hit or miss.

1:00 p.m.
Feed the babe a bottle and put her down for a nap.  The husband settles into the recliner for some downtime.  THE HOUSE IS QUIET.

1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
I settle in on the computer and do some blog work with reality T.V. on in the background.  Downloading photos, editing photos, writing posts, posting on social media sites, commenting on other sites, brainstorming for an upcoming sponsored post, etc.  It never ends.

3:30 p.m.
Baby is up.  Feed her and set her down to play on the floor {she has since mastered the army crawl, so it has become more difficult containing her}.

4:00 p.m.
Make banana bread and prep dinner.  We had a turkey pot pie that was made ahead, so I pulled it out of the freezer that morning.  It was thawed by mid-afternoon, so I just needed to wash and cut up lettuce for a salad.

5:00 p.m.
Dad takes kids outside before it gets dark.  They fill up the bird feeders and take the dog for a quick jaunt around the block.

5:45 p.m.
Dinner.  It's a mix of chaos and fun.  Kids eat well and are allowed a "treat" after dinner.  Cookies!

6:30 p.m.
Dad does baths and hands them off to me soaking wet.  They get dressed and settle down for some T.V. time before bed.  I clean up the kitchen, entertain the baby and wish it was bedtime for myself.

7:30 p.m.
All kids to bed.  Oldest two to their room and I feed the baby.  She falls asleep eating and I put her down for the night.

8:00 - 10:00 p.m.
The husband and I enjoy the quiet.  We catch up on T.V. shows, watch college basketball and hang.  I work some more on the blog and finish up this book before bed {it was really good!}.

10:30 p.m.
Lights out.  I'm pooped!

This is just a typical day.  Our weekends look a bit different as it is mostly just the kids and I.  So needless to say I'm even more tired!

Follow me on Instagram!  You'll see a lot more of our "days" on there.

What is your typical day like?

Would you like to comment?

  1. I always wonder how it will be, when we get to all that picking up and dropping off business. Sounds like a busy day. totally impressed you get a shower in the morning. Plus, its nice to know that the kiddos learn to sleep in a little when they get older!!!