I made these bars over the weekend for a local library fundraiser. You know you go to the library a LOT with your kids when the staff starts asking you to partake in committees and fundraisers. But that is okay! Its fun and rewarding to help out where needed.
I had all intentions of making two different desserts, but time got the best of me and it didn't happen. Kids can really reek havoc on your daily schedule.
Give me a heck ya if you like desserts that only require two ingredients??!!!
These were so simple and make a nice big batch so if you need to bring a dessert, here you go!
Milky Way Bars
2 packages refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 bag snack size Milky Way bars
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large rimmed baking sheet - I used a 17 x 25 in. pan.
3. Spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray.
4. Press all the cookie dough down into the pan evenly.
5. Bake this for 10 minutes.
6. While it is baking, remove candy bars from the packaging and cut into chunks.
7. Place all of the candy bar chunks into the cookie dough, pressing them down into the par-baked dough.
8. Place back into the oven and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Allow to cool and cut into bars.
I got to thinking it has been a long while since I shared a photo of the kiddos. We are in full-on pumpkin/Halloween mode at our house. The fall weather has hit us and we are trying to spend as much time outside as we can....as we all know the snow will be flying soon.
The little man was riding his bike, hence the helmet, and as usual the little miss is watching and copying everything he does. If they aren't fighting they are loving on each other.
Have a mentioned I have no Halloween costumes for them yet and I'm just putting it off each week. I HATE finding costumes for the kids each year - just not really into Halloween. But I'd never let them know that. I will find something!